We've had all sorts of Huevos Rancheros, but this is clearly the best for us. We like to serve it communal as a big pot in the middle so everyone can dive in and make their own wraps with the hot tortillas.
1/4 cup chopped onion
Serrano, Habanero, Jalapeño, and Chili Peppers (to taste)
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons cooking oil
1- 16 ounce can of tomato sauce
Chili powder (Enough to darken the tomato sauce-be careful if you have weak stomach)
4 flour tortillas
Shredded Monterey Jack or Colby Cheese
- Chop onion and chili peppers. Mince garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a small frying pan on low to medium heat. Add tomato sauce, onion, garlic, chili powder and chilis. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a larger frying pan, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and fry two tortillas for about 30 seconds on each side. Place tortillas on a warmed plate.
- In the same pan, fry the eggs (DO NOT turn the eggs). Place one egg on top of each tortilla, and fully cover eggs with sauce (The sauce will cook the top of the egg).
- Serve with Refried Beans and warm Tortillas