- 2 racks of pork ribs
- 1 cup of Steve’s BBQ rub
- ½ cup beer or apple juice
- 1½ cups BBQ sauce
- Peel the membrane off the back of each rack of ribs. Generously rub the BBQ spice rub all over the ribs.
- These are directions to smoke the ribs in a smoker.Set the smoker to 225F and use your wood of choice . Place the ribs in the smoker and smoke for 3 hours if they are spareribs and 2 hours if they are back ribs.
- After the ribs have been in the smoker for 3 hours, take them out and wrap each rack with aluminum foil. Pour a ¼ cup of beer or apple juice with each rack of ribs. Fold over the foil and pinch all the edges to ensure that it is sealed well to allow steaming.
- If your smoker can function as an oven (like Bradley smokers) place the ribs wrapped in foil back in the smoker for another 2 hours. It is also possible to use an oven for this stage. Have it set for 225F and bake them for 2 hours.
- After these 2 hours, remove the ribs carefully from the foil. Generously coat the ribs in your favourite BBQ sauce. Put them back in the smoker set for 225F for 1 final hour. It is also possible to use the oven for this stage.